Pages

May 27, 2015

Ted's Bulletin

One of the biggest perks of working in Mosaic District is the range of restaurant choices so close by. Although it's somewhat rare to eat at these restaurants regularly (budgeting), I wanted to treat a friend for helping me immensely at a wedding several weeks back. Ted's seemed like the perfect option with comfort foods galore!


Ted's Bulletin
2911 District Ave
Fairfax, VA 22031
The exterior is just as beautiful as the interior, I love the dark mahogany theme and metal details all over.
Ted's is well known for their delicious, handmade pop tarts. 

We came here for dinner, but definitely had our eye on the special available starting that day - key lime pop tarts!
Beautiful details are seen all over, from the plush seats, metal decor over doorways and intricate ceilings.
I loved the projectors and various televisions throughout showing old Mickey Mouse films!
This was my first time sitting down for a meal in this location (I walked in for a free pop tart the day they opened) but I remember enjoying the DC location years ago. The menu remains the same to match the warm, classic interior.
Ted's has an assortment of original milkshakes, but they're also well known for their adult milkshakes. I opted for the White Russian with vanilla ice cream, and boy was this strong! The bartender was nice enough to bring the metal cup with the leftover milkshake to share :)
TATERS! These beautiful square creations were perfectly crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. AMAZING. I wasn't too hungry (we had grilled cheese day at work) so I opted for a snack size tomato soup. Can you tell I just wanted to try these tater tots?
My friend went for the delicious sirloin with taters and brussel sprouts. The meat was cooked to perfect, and the brussel sprouts were PERFECT. We asked our new server, Mario, a lot of questions about how they'd be prepared (we're very particular about our sprouts, haha). He was incredibly patient and if there was a time he didn't have an exact answer, he would ask the chef himself.
Assortment of pop tarts (L to R): Brown sugar cinnamon, blueberry cheesecake, salted caramel, and strawberry.
Unfortunately I only had a key lime pop tart (the above were for my family) but I really love the texture of their pop tarts. They're flakey towards the middle and dense (like pie crust) around the edges.
I definitely have to stop by again to try more options, everything on the menu looked amazing! Breakfast is also served all day, and you can swap toast for a pop tart. Win win :) After a few hours of quality time, we both made our way home after a delicious meal. 

Until next time!

Stay Hungry,
Jimin


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes dear, you can select best DC venues according to your choice. You have to choose best venues for your special events by taking in mind the number of guests attending.


Back to Top